Tuesday 30 October 2012

Tsunamis and Clocks

The clocks went back at the weekend. Normally I am distraught, hold my head in my hands, gather my duvets and retire to my bedroom until at least February. This year is different though. My world has changed, geographically I mean. I moved some 47.6 miles from Bodmin to Penzance this summer. What a difference a few miles make. The light is so different, the air so clean and ...... let's put it this way. It's bloody lighter all the time down here. I live in a pretty little house with nice neighbours and I am only 500m from the sea. Blissful.


I took that picture above. Little old me. My father swears that I was born camera shy for a reason because I cannot see what is in front of my face! Thank gawd for a 'point and shoot' digital camera is all I can say. Oh! and the above pic was taken two minutes from my house at about 6.30pm last week.

My busy brain does find itself in a bit of a stew about Tsunamis though. It's all this Hurricane Sandy stuff and worrying about my American friends. I find myself measuring the distance from the sea. I try and comfort myself by the fact that there is at least a Tesco's garage between me and the sea.


After all, a Tsunami wouldn't knock out Tesco's would it? Just the meanderings of a restless mind.

Mrs Wook.


No comments:

Post a Comment